IN THIS ARTICLE
- Notification configuration: Overview
- Navigate to the notification configuration page
Notification configuration: Overview
Notifications can be configured for multiple types of assets. Refer to articles here for the detailed listing.
Navigate to the notification configuration page
- Click on the Configurations tab in the main menu
- Select the Notifications sub-tab from the drop-down list
- Select the type of notification to be configured from the sub-tabs:
- Order related
- Inventory related
- Setup related
- Asset related
- Click on the Select event dropdown and choose the notification to be created
- Provide the parameters for the notifications, as applicable
- Click on Add notifications button
- Type or click on the field next to Material tags to exclude notifications for specific materials. Based on the type of notification, different such exclusion parameters will be available
Select from the applicable material tag from the dropdown
Type or click on the field next to Entity tags to exclude notifications for specific entities. Based on the type of notification, different such exclusion parameters will be available
Select from the applicable entity tag from the dropdown
Select the applicable users who are to receive these notifications under the column Whom to notify and the frequency and communication channel under the column Frequency. Multiple users can be configured to the receive the same notification.
Select Users, type the name of the user tag under Enter groups of user tags and select from the dropdown to send notifications to specific user tags. Multiple user tags can be selected.
Type the name of the user under Enter individual users and select from the dropdown to send notification to a specific user.
Select the checkbox next to Post to Bulletin Board if this notification should appear on Bulletin Board
Type the text of the exact message under the heading Message template that needs to be sent when this notification is triggered. Variables/parameters are listed in the table Variables that can be used in notification messages, which can be used to automatically populate some of the message text based on the type of notification. Copy these variables, as they are, and paste them in the Message template
- Click on Save to activate this notification
- View the confirmation that the notification has been has created successfully